Many people believe that a first impression is a lasting impression, that fairs true for any business. The look of your parking lot can affect a customer’s attitude before they even walk through your doors. Keeping your commercial driveway and parking lot well maintained can go a long way in promoting customer satisfaction and the overall impression of your business.
We offer the following Commercial Asphalt Services: Crack sealing and Sealcoating
- We crack seal all cracks that are 1/4″ wide up to 3/4″ wide in the driveway and the road seam with commercial grade hot rubber crack sealant.
- All treated areas are coated with a black silica sand. This step provides a barrier between the rubber and your vehicles tires, provides traction on what would be a slick surface and create a bonding surface for further sealcoating or Coal-Tar applications.
The crack sealing process:
- First and most important is to thoroughly clean and prep the driveway surface. This process is done by clearing the cracks with the use of a steel bristle broom, asphalt crack hoe and a high powered push blower. This has to be done in order to remove dust and debris out of the pores in the asphalt in order for it to be sealed properly.
- The perimeter of your driveway is string trimmed to remove overgrown grass and debris. Areas that were previously stained by oil are primed prior to sealer application. We then crackseal all cracks and the road seam.
- All treated areas are then coated with a black silica sand. This step provides a barrier between the rubber and your vehicles tires, provides traction on what would be a slick surface and create a bonding surface for further sealcoating or Coal-Tar applications.
- Finally, the driveway would need to be blocked off for ten to fifteen minutes to allow the rubber to cool. Once this has happened, the driveway may be opened up again.
- Areas adjacent to the house, buildings, walkways and ornamental plantings are sealed by hand with a sealcoat brush. This process avoids the use of a sprayer that could cause overspray.
- The body of the driveway is then sprayed with Neyra Tarconite sealer. The spray application provides a even coat of sealer and eliminates squeegee marks as the sealer wears.
- Upon completion the driveway will be cordoned off to prevent vehicle traffic for 24 to 48 hours.